Targeted Udemy Promotional Announcements to Boost Revenue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Targeted Udemy Promotional Announcements to Boost Revenue

Every Udemy instructor knows the drill. You get 2 promotional announcements per month. This means that twice a month you send a promotional announcement to all your courses.

Right? Wrong!

By sending promotional announcements to only a portion of your students, you can greatly increase the total number of Udemy promotional announcements you can send per month. The problem is that these repeated announcements annoy students, especially the ones that own all your courses.

The solution? Use targeted Udemy promotional announcements!

Here’s an example using 2 Udemy courses:

Beginner Widgets 
Advanced Widgets

What you should do in this case is send a promotional announcement to your beginner course advertising your advanced course, only you should exclude anyone that already owns your advanced course. Now do the reverse, sending to your advanced course about your beginner course and excluding anyone already enrolled in your beginner course from receiving the announcement.

You’ve just accomplished this:

1) Made your advertisement specific to a single course.
2) Excluded anyone who already owns the specific course.
3) Doubled your number of promotional announcement from 2 to 4.

I have 41 Udemy courses and this process of pairing up related courses to promote back and forth still works. If I do it in pairs, I have 82 promotional announcements to send per month and anyone that already owns all my courses will never see one of them.

Keep thinking!

—Brian

7 Replies

Hi Brian,

I used it a couple of times and i saw the result.

How much revenue do you have from this method?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@csking1981,

It's my primary means of generating promotional revenue so it would be hard to compare with using the traditional 2 promo announcements per month but I can generate as much as $500 per month using this method with about 30 courses.

---Brian

Thanks for sharing that.

Hi there,

Do you always send to all students or only to those that have been enrolled in the last month (from your last announcement)?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndreiD,

That's an interesting question.  I always send to all students not already enrolled in the targetted course.  I haven't played with enrollment periods yet.  I suppose that would be yet another way to be less annoying (i.e. if they already saw last month promotional announcement, don't hit them again).

My initial reaction is that this is getting potentially too complicated based on the various coupon code combinations I send.

Still, it's an interesting thought.  I'll have to think about that :-).

---Brian

Hey @Anonymous! Thanks for sharing! Can you update your post to remove the link to your website?
It's against our self-promotion policy to share links to their personal or business sites on the community to avoid turning the community into a marketing channel. Instead, you can copy & paste the blogpost straight into the post 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done. ---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors