The same student keeps asking for refunds and signing up again.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The same student keeps asking for refunds and signing up again.

I'm a new instructor to Udemy and my course is just a couple months old. I'm not quite sure what Udemy's refund policy is. 

A student signed up for my course, asked for a refund, then signed up for my course again and asked for another refund. 

How many times are students allowed to do this? Can he continue sign up for my course each month indefinitely and continue to ask for refunds to just take the whole course for free? What is Udemy's policy on this? 

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @emmarilla, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. I can understand how frustrating it might be to get repeat refund requests from the same student. Please remember that if you see suspicious behavior like this, you can report it to policy@udemy.com for investigation.

Udemy reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to limit or deny refund requests in cases where we believe there is refund abuse, including but not limited to the following:

• A significant portion of the course has been consumed or downloaded by a student before the refund was requested.
  • Multiple refunds have been requested by a student for the same course.
  • Excessive refunds have been requested by a student.
  • Users who have their account reported, banned or course access disabled due to a violation of our Terms or Trust & Safety Guidelines. 
  • We do not grant refunds for any subscription services unless otherwise required by applicable law.

These refund restrictions will be enforced to the extent permitted by applicable law. You can learn more about our refund policy here.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!