Took a hit during first course creation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took a hit during first course creation

Hi, I know you guys have heard this before, but I'm new here and trying to get my first course published. 

I spent some time and money creating a course, used images I had a licence for, used Doodly and Biteable videos to spice things up a little bit and created slides and other visuals to support my voice over and head shots. 

When I submitted the course I ended up back and forth in email after email with Udemy about the content, finally ending up emailing with the Copyright team. My confidence took a knock, I was doubting my own self thinking had I done something wrong. 

Every piece of material I used was licenced and legit. 

When I look at other courses of a similar nature, they dont seem to have as many visuals and stuff. Am I doing this wrong? 

I dont know what direction to take next, strip all the cool stuff out, have very basic head shots / slides or keep it as it is.

Anyone got any advice for me please? I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are going to make, at most, $4 per sale.  Don’t kill yourself overdoing it. Make your course just a little better than existing courses.  That’s all that’s necessary.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors