Two accounts and sharing one course with two accounts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts and sharing one course with two accounts

Go to solution

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well. i just have a few questions to ask.

Q1. I want to know whether having two accounts in Udemy is allowed or not. I have an individual account but then I decided to involve my friend as well to teach with me. so I created another joint account because I did not want to publish his courses in my account. is it legal?

I see other instructors do it like Mr. Schwarzmüller  who has an Academind account and a personal account.

Q2. this question relates to the first question. Let's say I create and complete a course and I want to share it in both of my accounts. what I mean is, in the course landing page for some instructors like again Mr. Schwarzmüller's JS course, it says "Created by Academind by Maximilian SchwarzmüllerMaximilian Schwarzmüller". it is available in Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller account as well as Maximilian Schwarzmüller account. now back to my question, how is something like this possible? I have not published any course yet but I am curious, is it possible when publishing the course (during the process in Udemy) or the course has to be uploaded twice, separately for each account?

Q3. This question relates to the previous one. this question has two parts. Part 1: If the situation in q2 is accomplished and let's say it is the first course for both of the accounts, then would Udemy ask for Tax information from both of the accounts or only one of them? they belong to one person in the end. Part Two: In case Udemy asks both of the accounts to provide tax info, and because those accounts and the course belongs to one person, then the tax info is going to be the same, would this create a problem according to Udemy's regulations?

Q4. Again this is related to the previous one. if everything goes well and a course is shared between two accounts (there are two accounts as authors which basically is one person), then will the income be shared between the accounts or not? If shared, then what is the ratio? I just want to see the whole picture.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Muslim Helalee

Love From Afghanistan

Muslim Helalee - Full Stack Web Developer and Instructor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Muslim Helalee  The best thing to do here is to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com  the team will be able to provide you more information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Muslim Helalee  The best thing to do here is to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com  the team will be able to provide you more information.

Go to solution

Thank you so much.

Go to solution

Hi @Muslim Helalee did you get any reply?

Go to solution

hi DYay2810

yup 

they directed me to a support page about co-instruction.

below are the topics i found useful. you can check them out for yourself too.

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229605728-Co-Instructor-Relationships-Rules-and-Guidelin...

------------------------------------

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229604308-Adding-Co-Instructors-and-Teaching-Assistants

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Muslim Helalee 😀

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors