Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Udemy as IMS LTI consumer?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm almost done with preparing my first course, but I'm hitting a roadblock. I'm used to managing my classes in Moodle, so I assumed Udemy to be the same... but maybe I'm wrong. This is what I'm trying to do: I've set up a pathway to award badges to my students (using Open Badge technology), so I have to tell Udemy to integrate with the LTI provider so that each student registering on Udemy will automatically be enrolled in the Open Badges pathway.

I can't find any way to do this, so I wonder if I was just wrong assuming that Udemy is an LMS compliant with IMS LTI standard?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think you cannot do this. However, it would be good if you could. Maybe this is something Udemy should address.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think you cannot do this. However, it would be good if you could. Maybe this is something Udemy should address.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@LawrenceMMillerThat's too bad... having to register users and issuing badges manually will be painful... well, my target demographic is not too big (Italian speaking technical artists beginners), so it's feasible, but in the long run, adding more courses, it'll become unmanageable anyway.

Please Udemy... really a big missing feature here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook

Go to solution

What are open badges?

LL
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

Hi @Lizzy 

You find all the info and the tools here: https://openbadges.org/ It's a standard that we have been using for a few years in the e-education world to award recognitions.

Pino

Go to solution

Thanks, Pino. That's interesting. Perhaps you will inspire Udemy to look int this. Could be good for instructors and students. 

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors