Udemy promotions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy promotions

Hi, 

I have just launched my first course on Udemy and so far so good. 🙂 

The only question is...when the Auguts 9.99 promotion ends (tomorrow 29th I think), do all course prices go back to their original price, or will they still have a percentage reduction?

I ask because I did not opt in to the 9.99 fixed price promotion, but I did opt in to the percent promotion, so my course is selling at 25.99 (that is 75% off the original 99.99) .

Now I want to email my audience to urge them to buy before the price goes up (from 25.99 to 99.99), but if after tomorrow the price is  still 25.99 (i.e. with a percent reduction promotion), it will look bad and I will lose trust.

Can anyone advise / guide?

Thanks,

Keith 

2 Replies

Congrats on publishing your first course @keithohare! If you log out and then log back in, you should get access to Published Instructor Club, an exclusive space for our published instructors. Once you have access, you'll be able to read this summary about the upcoming changes.

In general though, the price that a student will see after this sale will depend on the student. We price courses based on a number of factors such as location, student actions on the site, and more. Since it's hard to pinpoint exactly what price a student will see, I'd recommend framing it as "prices will increase soon" instead of saying "increase to $XX".

Hope that helps!

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for that. Yes, it helps me understand the Udemy system better, not sure if it helps me market my courses better at the moment. 

Maybe I need a bit of time to get used to this system, but my sense is I will need to rely more on Udemy marketing, at least when it comes to promotions. I can certainly market my course, but it will be a challenge using the discount and urgency levers to do so.

Let's see.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors