Unable to Sell at my List Price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Sell at my List Price

Go to solution

Fresh off the boat, 2 months into my program promotion, I am seeing that I am unable to ever sell my course at the price I have listed while enrolled in Udemy's promotions programs.

Even if I use my own referral code or direct link to my course, Udemy gives everyone some kind of promo code, first time user, skillup, whatever, so my course is always being sold for five bucks. Even in those gap times when the course is not being advertised at 90% discount on the landing page, still any new student gets some kind of promo code. What gives?

On the one hand with no students, it is great to get a little feedback and the number s will be attractive, but still. With peope that I personally refer to the course, c'mon. I should be allowed to be paid what I think is the value and what others are apparently agreeing to no?

Does anybody know how I am able to sell my course at my price in any situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

You can only sell at your prices if you opt out of the promotion program.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Thanks, Carsten.

I understand the promotion agreement. But my question is:

Does anybody know how I am able to sell my course at my price in any situation?

Or is it not possible for me to sell at my price while udemy promotes at their price?

Two things cannot happen at the same time?

It was my understanding that if I use my referral link I will be able to sell at my list price.

If this is not the case, and while under promotional agreement the list price is basically never available, then does it make more sense to list at the highest rate possible so that when the course is inevitably discounted 90% I can receive more than $5?

Or is there a timing to understand - that sometimes the list price will be available?

What I see right now is that over the past couple of months, any student who comes in organically is given some kind of promotion code regardless. First timers, long timers - everyone - no one buys at list price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

You can only sell at your prices if you opt out of the promotion program.

Go to solution

Thank you, Wolf! As a matter of fact, I just received that straight answer to my query this morning from support as well.

So then the only purpose to setting a price if I am going to give marketing control to Udemy is to scale up the price of the discounted offers.

And the only purpose to having a referal link of my own is in order to get credited with the total sale at Udemy's price.

I think I got it.

Go to solution

Ok. How do you "opt out of new user discount pricing?" Can you answer that, please?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors