Unable to see Course Description below every video of my course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Course Description below every video of my course

Hi Udemy Team,

I've added a video description for every video in my course, detailing out the learnings from each video and I want it to show up in the description when I click  on preview. 2020-04-07 09_20_29-The Complete Sketchup & Vray Course for Interior Design _ Udemy.png

But when I click on preview, there is no option to show the description. Am I missing something or is it that adding a description to a video a waste of time?
2020-04-07 09_21_52-The Complete Sketchup & Vray Course for Interior Design _ Udemy.png

Thanks

5 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @manishpaulsimon The course lecture description is only visible to potential students on the course landing page, and will not be shown to enrolled students on the course dashboard page.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Eliana, I am so sorry same issue for me, but I can't understand whats exactly you mean with POTENTIAL and ENROLLED

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Condinerolibre  Sorry for the confusion! Potential students are interested in taking a course and have access to the course landing page to preview course videos these students will have the option to review the lecture description. However, enrolled students are the ones who have purchased the course and will start taking the course, these students won't be able to see the lecture description. 

@ElianaC  Thanks for letting us know. Just to clarify: I think what @manishpaulsimon  was talking about back then is not "COURSE DESCRIPTION" but the "LECTURE DESCRIPTION".

I have the same question as him, and your answer is crucial.

I sell English pronunciation courses in Japan on Udemy. At the beginning of my courses, I tell students they can skip some videos not to waste time if they already master some content (English sounds) of some of the lectures.

For that, I have an explanation video where I say "check below each new video/lecture for the sounds covered in that lecture and skip if you feel confident about these particular sounds".

Only, when I preview as a student I can't seem to find where my lecture descriptions are.  Thank you in advance for your reply.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Lecture descriptions are only visible on course landing pages for students who are not yet enrolled in the course. They're not even visible to web crawlers last I heard.

Your students will not see them.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors