Unpublished lecture

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpublished lecture

Go to solution

I have already uploaded 41 videos to my course. The 42nd and 43rd videos are showing as "Unpublished lecture" although the video is uploaded successfully and received a confirmation email. What is the possible issue?

Unpublished lecture.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @astroengineer In this case, you'll need to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com, they are the best equipped to help you out.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi Support Team,

After spending some time here, finally i understood, that Setting up the price for a course, solves the issue of "Unpublished Sections / Lectures" while creating course curriculum.

Yes, it worked perfectly. 

My suggestion is, it would be great if your development team, can show a "relevant message" while showing lectures / sections as unpublished. That way, the instructors can easily realize the same and set the price and will go on to course content creations.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @astroengineer In this case, you'll need to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com, they are the best equipped to help you out.

Go to solution

Thank you Eliana!

Go to solution

Hello Eliana,

I wanna ask you something.I posted my videos to udemy team.After 2 days, one of them sent me back to fix some errors for video.I fixed yesterday.And i sent it back.The question is:Do i have to wait plus 2 days again?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @ibrahimcaner88Yes, the review process will start once again after this has been resubmitted.

Go to solution

Hi Support Team,

After spending some time here, finally i understood, that Setting up the price for a course, solves the issue of "Unpublished Sections / Lectures" while creating course curriculum.

Yes, it worked perfectly. 

My suggestion is, it would be great if your development team, can show a "relevant message" while showing lectures / sections as unpublished. That way, the instructors can easily realize the same and set the price and will go on to course content creations.

Go to solution

Thanks this solved my issue too!

Go to solution

Yes, that solved this issue for me. Thanks! This must be a new glitch as I'm in the middle of creating a course that has taken me several months, but the problem wasn't there before.

But, yes, setting a course price makes the "publish" button appear next to uploaded videos.

Go to solution

Thanks, this helped me! So, they were all 'published' until I switched off the email notifications! Then they are came up as unpublished. When I set the price, I had to go through all the videos clicking 'publish'. Weird bug!

Go to solution

@ElianaC This is a glitch that needs to be fixed. Could you please pass it on to the techies?

Basically, it seems that once the course length reaches 2 hours, the "publish" button disappears from the course dashboard, so instructors are unable to publish any more videos - all uploaded videos are shown as "unpublished".

The fix - to set a course price - is hardly one that is likely to spring to mind. Either a note needs to be shown on the course dashboard about this, or the dashboard needs to be able to tell the difference between a free course and a course where no price has been set.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Hello @astroengineer and @ElianaC  . I'm having the same issue and I got sent an e-mail to the support team, but they haven't replied to my e-mail yet. @astroengineer Are you able to fix the problem? Or will it be fixed automatically when we send our lectures for the inspection?

Go to solution

I am also having this same issue. It is randomly choosing to publish or keep as unpublished lessons that I'm creating the course in my course draft.

Go to solution

@Anonymous Yes, I am able to fix this issue. The support team responded to me saying that I have set the price for the course as I already exceed 5 hours of course creation. Below was a reply from the support team for your reference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

After March 17, 2020, all free courses published must be under 2 hours in video length. This might explain why the additional lectures in your draft courses being marked as unpublished. You can learn more about this here.

Can you please try to set a price for your course then re-add the lectures to see if the issue can be resolved? To learn more about how to set a price for your course, please refer to this support article

Please let me know how it goes. I'm happy to assist you further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I have set my price, all the unpublished lectures get published. 

I hope this helps.

Go to solution

In March 2020 Udemy made more changes which meant FREE courses can only be up to 2 hours long.
So, if you've already uploaded 2 hours of lectures and not yet set your course price, this is why Udemy are showing lectures as unpublished.
Simply go and set your course price then return to your lectures and you'll see you can now publish them 

Click Here To Watch Video Tutorial

Hope this helps,
Mark Laxton

Go to solution

I have encountered the same problem on my last two courses. Since I've been publishing courses on Udemy since 2013 I couldn't figure it out either. Might be nice if Udemy posted a note or let instructors know somehow that this change affects the published status of lessons. Especially considering setting the price of the course is always the last thing I do, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. 

Go to solution

Solving the problem of unpublished lectures on Udemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LYMg_GEeSo 

Go to solution

It seems this happens when the video lectures start crossing the 2hour mark and the price hasn't been set yet. Udemy should add some documentation regarding this as this is very confusing. I uploaded my video multiple times just to make sure things are alright. But now I found this Q&A, which is relieving of course!

Go to solution

Hi,

This issue happens because you haven't set the pricing for the course yet and when the duration of the course is about to cross more than 2 hours.  The reason is for the FREE course you cant add more than 2 hours of content.

Once you set price for the course other than 'FREE' then you will find the 'publish' button near the lecture. 

unpublshed course issue udemy-Dynamics 365 Academy- Firoz.png

Happy course creation 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors