Use of Camtasia for posting on Udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Camtasia for posting on Udemy

Go to solution

I have worked with recording Mac screens with Camtasia for macOS and the quality is just outstanding. I would assume 720p is the minimum best quality. My question is:

1. Camtasia has the ability to add quizzes (and so does UpWork). I guess I must use UpWork.

2. Camtasia has an amazing closed captions (CC) capability and can export a SRT (https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023976811-Captions). Has anyone figured out how to reliable use the SRT with Upwork video publishing?

That's about all I have to ask. Again, Camtasia for Mac (and for Windows) is just incredible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

I suppose you meant Udemy, not UpWork Smiley Happy

Camtasia doesn't support VTT files, so there is no direct way to use Camtasia CC on Udemy. Once you export your MP4 video along with SRT caption files, you can then us a resource like Caption Converter  to get the VTT files for Udemy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pino
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

I suppose you meant Udemy, not UpWork Smiley Happy

Camtasia doesn't support VTT files, so there is no direct way to use Camtasia CC on Udemy. Once you export your MP4 video along with SRT caption files, you can then us a resource like Caption Converter  to get the VTT files for Udemy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy profile - Camtasia 2020 Certified Voyager and Explorer - My LinkedIn - My Facebook

Go to solution

Thanks. Jeez. Both begin with a "U" and I was working on an Upwork project at the same time I posted this. THANKS, Pino.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors