Using Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sources

Hi there! I am new to this and obviously want to do it the right way. 

I am creating a course that teaches students reading skills. However, I want to use graded readings from textbooks to teach them how to use these skills. Is it okay to do this? As long as I cite them? 

In the Education World materials there are permissions in copyright that allow one to copy materials for educational purposes only. However, this feels like both a monetary and educational purpose. 

I need these resources, I'm not about to write 50 articles on my own (of which I'd probably have to cite info I found anyway)

1 Reply

@CiskeUys wrote:

In the Education World materials there are permissions in copyright that allow one to copy materials for educational purposes only. 

Yes, that's called fair use.

@CiskeUys wrote:

However, this feels like both a monetary and educational purpose. 

When it's monetary it's not fair use anymore. I'm not a legal expert myself and don't know if https://www.lib.purdue.edu/uco/CopyrightBasics/index.html is up to date, but it's a free resource which provides additional info.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors