Using "famous" contents on my courses' exercises

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "famous" contents on my courses' exercises

Go to solution

Hi everyone! I'm an italian teacher (so please, sorry for my written English 😉 and I'm creating a course about graphics, with 5 exercises included. One of them (I worked a lot on that) is about creating from scratch an epub. For this reason I used contents from a movie (The story of Fire Saga, at Eurovision). My question is: can I use these kind of contents, taken from a movie? (Including songs, trailer etc?) They will appear in the course just for 5 lessons.
Thanks for your help, ciao! Alessandroexample.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @Alessandro CalonegoIf you think that the material that you are using might be infringing upon somebody else's idea or content, we would suggest not including it in your course. The easiest way to check whether it is ok for you to use somebody else's content in your course is to contact them directly and ask for their permission. 

Udemy cannot advise on any copyright issue and takes no responsibility for the material that you place on our platform. Remember that you retain the rights to all of the content that you place on Udemy and that we are simply the platform through which you deliver that material. 

Feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com for any additional concerns about this.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @Alessandro CalonegoIf you think that the material that you are using might be infringing upon somebody else's idea or content, we would suggest not including it in your course. The easiest way to check whether it is ok for you to use somebody else's content in your course is to contact them directly and ask for their permission. 

Udemy cannot advise on any copyright issue and takes no responsibility for the material that you place on our platform. Remember that you retain the rights to all of the content that you place on Udemy and that we are simply the platform through which you deliver that material. 

Feel free to reach out to policy@udemy.com for any additional concerns about this.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks a lot for your help, Abbie: I decide to create another kind of exercise!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors