Video Software and Mic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Software and Mic

Go to solution

Hi,

I am creating my first course, I have a MAC, can anyone recommend me softwares for screen recording.

I have a Blue Yeti Mic.

Regards,

Fahd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

I don't know about iMovieMaker but camtasia is good for udemy kind of lectures. 

@Fahdsaif wrote:

Thanks. Is it better then iMovieMaker?

Engineer, Engineering Academy-Nepal

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Go to solution

Camtasia is quite good. You can do editing in this software itself and also add some cool effects. 

Go to solution

Go to solution

I don't know about iMovieMaker but camtasia is good for udemy kind of lectures. 

@Fahdsaif wrote:

Go to solution

Gokul, thanks for the reply, Camtasia is good, but looking like an expensive option at the moment, can you suggest any other options?

Go to solution

Hi Gokul, do people usually record Audio and Video separately, then combine the two? what do you do? or when creating a video, you are speakig and doing at the same time. Any best practices from your experience?

Go to solution

True. Camtasia is good for udemy kind of lectures. Though we have iMovie in our Macs, but the issue there is, one cannot import individual PPT slides into it, which is one of the key requirements while creating the courses. Thanks.

~ Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school -- Albert Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Hi @Fahdsaif ,Camtasia is a bit over my budget. I am building my course using the free Audacity recorder and get postive feedback on the Udemy test video reviews.

Go to solution

Hi Brian,

Does the Audacity recorder have option to set resolution to 1920x1080, aspect ratio to 16:9 and Udemy desired framerate 25 to 60 FPS?

I am reading this page actually and making a choice : https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232767-Video-Standards-and-Choosing-a-Camera

Go to solution

Hi Brian, is audacity(https://www.audacityteam.org/) only for audio? I can capture screen recordings also using it, correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I seem confused the issue @Fahdsaif  I am truly sorry and apologize. I meant to write that I now use Shotcut which is a true video editor that works on PCs, Macs and Linux and is free under the GNU license. (I originally used and still recommend VSDC, but it runs only under windows.)

I do use the voice-recording Audacity for my screencasts. But, no, it does not record video. For what it's worth(nothing!), I obviously am quite embarrassed and apologized for any effort you wasted pursuing my Audacity recommendation.

Go to solution

Hey there! I used Filmora Wondershare for all my recording and video editing needs. You are able to record from your webcam, record your PC screen, as well as do voice overs. As mentioned, it is also a full blown video editing software as well. I'd definitely recommend it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@Fahdsaif  @kadams  Just note: Filmora Wondershare embedded a watermark on my recordings when I downloaded it a few years ago. A quick check through Google shows a number of ways to overcome those watermarks so I gather it still does.

Go to solution

@Anonymous  @Fahdsaif  Wondershare will only stamp with a watermark if you are using the free version. I highly reccomend the paid version, which I believe is a one time fee of $60 

Go to solution

@BRIAN  and @kadams , absorbed the above, I am searching through the inputs provided.

Go to solution

Camtasia is best solution other wise OBS is used for screen recording 

Go to solution

I'm using Movavi toolset. There is a screen recorder and video editor and It's cheaper then Camtasia.

Go to solution

I also use a Mac. I have found Videoleap very useful for my editing. It only works on an iPhone though and not on desktop. Good luck!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors