Virtual meetings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual meetings

Is an instructor allowed to include a virtual monthly or weekly meeting for students to ask questions  in his or her offerings? 

4 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I am pretty sure there is nothing against that. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thank you, Lawrence, for your response. I appreciate it. I wonder where I can specifically find it written that I will be allowed to have a weekly call for students with questions; or offer help via email. I know I saw that there are very specific directives on what is and what is not permitted. 

I found this, what do you think, precludes live calls?

"The Policy: Educational announcements (as opposed to Promotional Emails) are your way to share valuable learning material with your students. External links are allowed in educational announcements, but must contain free educational content only (i.e., non-promotional). You may not direct students from Udemy to other promotional sites where they then would receive coupon codes, be asked to submit an email address before accessing course content, or be prompted to make an off-site purchase of a Udemy course. 

The Warning Message: External links in your educational announcements must provide free educational content and may not prompt students to make a purchase or provide personal details.
Please confirm that this is the case or remove the link before proceeding"

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Assuming your live calls are for the purpose of enhancing the educational value of your course, rather than directing them to buy things like courses at a different site, there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. Many instructors have Facebook pages where you can ask them questions and have discussions.

But, if you are concerned about this you should emai policy@udemy.com to get an official answer. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors