What is the best method for teaching your material through video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best method for teaching your material through video?

I'm creating a new course, it's my first, and as I started recording for the first time I realized that reading words off of a whiteboard behind the camera is really obvious and that it isn't going to work. I also don't really want to write and memorize scripts because I feel like that would be noticable too, and it would make the exerience for my students more like they're learning from a robot. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on the best way to convey the information that you're trying to teach to your students, preferrably in a way that makes them feel like you're like a real person and also that you're knowledgeable about the subject. Hopefully that all makes sense, but if it doesn't, and you are willing, just let me know and i'll try and clarify it. Thanks for taking time to read my question and I hope you have a great day!

1 Reply

Hey @JaydonBratsman, just bumping up your post here. Let us know if you found any ideas to convey your course content. Also, wanted to share a great post where we compiled a list of the best discussions about course creation. Hope you can get some ideas there!

Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Course Creation

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors