When to make the switch from Free to Paid?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to make the switch from Free to Paid?

Go to solution

I had a course up and running for a while and only had about 4 or 5 people pay for it. I then found a way to give out a bunch of free coupons and gained about 2,200 students. Not many reviews came from it though. Finally, I straight up switched the course to free and now have over 3,200 students with some good reviews in the mix now. 

My question is, when should I switch back to paid? I know it's my last chance to go back and forth. What I hope to gain is the ability to email market the 3,200 students about new courses I come out with in the future. 

Should I wait until I reach a certain number? 10,000 perhaps? If I can get 1% of 10,000 students to sign up for a paid course, I would consider that a win. 

What are your thoughts on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@mtgingrass Maybe the published author club can advise you. But, I guess there is probably no formula. Follow your instincts!

LL

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

@mtgingrass Maybe the published author club can advise you. But, I guess there is probably no formula. Follow your instincts!

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors