Why all my preview videos are showing up with maximum 720p resolution?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all my preview videos are showing up with maximum 720p resolution?

Go to solution

Hello Everyone, 

I'm creating a course in Udemy for the first time. One thing that's bothering me is, even though I have created videos with bigger resolution than 1080p, all the preview videos during the upload process are available with maximum 720p resolution and the voice quality is not as good as the originally recorded video with this 720p resolution.

My concern here is, will my course videos be available with 1080p resolution for students at least after it is published? or Am I missing something that's making my videos available with a maximum of 720p resolution?  

Video details:

Dimensions: 2880 x 1800

Codecs: AAC, H.264

Please help. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @amareshteja Yes, this option is separately from each course. You should request it once the course is published. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @amareshteja 

Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p. Feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com so the team can enable this for you.

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

Hello @MariaG 

Is the “Adaptive Streaming” option enabled separately for each course?

Also, when is the best time request for enabling this option? During course creation or after publishing the course?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @amareshteja Yes, this option is separately from each course. You should request it once the course is published. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors