Withholding tax

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding tax

Hi good morning to the community members. I am new to Udemy just having uploaded 3 courses. I filled all tax documentation and I was notified that everything is done and no formality is pending. I am fro India and have no citizenship at US or any connection. I submitted all my tax details.

Now my account says that the withholding tax is 15% for me. While my other contacts in India are all enjoying 0 withholding tax. I wrote to Udemy supprt about fee day back, contesting the 15% withholding tax. But there is no response from their side. Can someone tell me where I did the mistake and what step can I take to rectify this tax. I have not received any double tax benefit treaty document from UDEMY. Is there any way to fill that kind of form?

Thanks.

Vijesh Jain

New Delhi, India

4 Replies

Hi @VijeshJain , please write to instructorsupport@udemy.com so they can further clarify this for you. Thank you!

Hi Vijesh,
Did you find an answer to your query? If yes, then can you share the form details as I'm facing the same issue.
Thanks in advance.

Aarti

Hi. I did get the answer for my question. As I understand the withholding tax of 15% is levied on my sales in US. No withholding tax on other sales. I guess that may be as per the rules and regulations in US. Perhaps double taxation treaty is not valid for sales in US. 

@AartiUppalSingla wrote:

Hi Vijesh,
Did you find an answer to your query? If yes, then can you share the form details as I'm facing the same issue.
Thanks in advance.

Aarti

Hello All,

I have posted my query related to the same issue, kindly check.

https://community.udemy.com/t5/Introductions/Withholding-Tax/m-p/71423#M5131

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors