aspect ratio 16:9

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aspect ratio 16:9

Hi 

I have problem getting videos with 16:9 aspect ratio and not having the black margin in the video.

I hope someone who passed Udemy video quality can help.

Here is what I have done: I am using a macbook air computer and quick time player to record my screen.

First, I tried to set my aspect ratio to wide screen 9:16 in my power point (page set up). However, when I use "slide show" option, there is a black margin at the top and the bottom of the video. 

Then I used 10:16 widescreen option in my powerpoint (page set up). . It gives a nice widescreen when I use the "slide show" using powerpoint. However, when I save the file using "imovie" to 1920:1080p (16:9 aspect ratio), there is still a black margin on the top and at the bottom of the video.

I also used handbrake to convert the file to 16:9 aspect ratio, however, there is still the black margin. However, I have just started using handbrake. It seems it doesn't let me to save using 1920:1080 dimension.

In another try, on my powerpoint file, I even used a custom screen show but at the end after converting the 16:9 aspect ratio, I still get the black line.

I transfered files in my Udemy curriculum but the black margin is still there no mather what method I use to get 16:9 aspect ratio.

I asked udemy chat support but there was no useful recommendations to sove the problem.

I was wondering if anyone can help me to do this step by step if possible? (using a mac computer and quick time player to record a video)- I also used imovie to edit my video. 

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

How very frustrating for you.

I am not familiar with using the applications you mention for video editing. And I work on a Dell Laptop. So assuming you searched the Internet with your question to no avail, it appears that you may need a video editor. 

I use, and can recommend, the free Shotcut editor as it does work on Macs.  (And no watermark.) There is a bit of a learning curve. But by what you describe, it sounds as if either the "Rotate and Scale" or the "Size and Position" Filter should allow you to export in the 16:9 aspect you want.

You might want to go to their forum at https://forum.shotcut.org/ first and post your question. I typically get an answer within a day, and often within an hour, of posting my questions.

I wish I had a better, quicker solution for you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors