First-time course creation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Start a conversation

Webinar Recordings 🎥 This thread is pinned

Hello instructors, We wanted to take a moment to share with you all the webinar recordings that we have had so far. Whether you're in the pre-production stage of your course or looking to optimize View more

User avatar by Community Managerposted

Course Creation Resources This thread is pinned

Udemy is not just a wealth of information for learners, we also have various resources to help instructors succeed! To get you started, we’d love to share with you some helpful resources to help you View more

How to define your target audience? This thread is pinned

Before you start creating your course content, it is important to dedicate some time to think about who your intended learners are. A few simple questions can help you do this: Who are they? Where View more

Feedback Thread: Give & Get Feedback on your course here! This thread is pinned

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. Before you share your course content, check View more

How to choose a course topic? This thread is pinned

An important part of creating your first course on Udemy is deciding what you want to teach. Our community is full of instructors who are experts in a variety of topics that go from computer science View more

Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Course Creation Best answer

We want to help you make more and better courses, so we’ve compiled a list of the best discussions about course creation for folks to read. We hope these conversations and tips help answer the most View more

User avatar by Retiredposted

A list of useful sources for instructors Best answer

Hi guys, I thought it could be interesting to have one post with a list of all the usefull sources for instructors, like music, graphics and software.... I started with what I usually use and with View more

User avatar by Community Championposted

How to Watch Udemy Videos

I thought it would be interesting to throw together some words of guidance regarding watching Udemy videos. Yes, it’s easy to hit the play button and sit back for a view, but these tips may just help View more

User avatar by Anonymousposted by on

How to Set Your Udemy Course Price Best answer

Look, the price you set your course to on Udemy really doesn’t matter… much. No matter what price you set your course to, it’s going to sell for an average of $9.99 netting you an average return of View more

No Time to Create Your Course?

168 Hours a week.png

Hello May,Are you struggling to find time to create your course? Maybe you have a full time job? Other commitments?Now's the time to look at how you are using your time.How do you spend your View more

User avatar by Community Championposted by Anonymous on

Engaging with students Best answer

Hi there, I am a first time course creator.I'm not sure if this is possible but here goes my question:How do I receive the email addresses of my students and how can I interact with them on a View more

User avatar by Observerposted by Anonymous on

Which URL do I use to promote my course? Best answer

Hello everyone! I'm really happy to have my first course approved on Udemy. My question now - and it's a real noob question! - is which URL do I use when I share my course? I know my course URL from View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

Course pricing

Hi there! I am about to upload my very first course and I am really unsure of what to price it as. It will be roughly 2.5 hours long. I don’t totally understand how the udemy sales pricing works. I View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by Anonymous on

If You Aren't Recording, You're Not a Udemy Instructor

Hi Everyone, I have a saying that I tell myself when I get stuck or lost on Udemy and it is this: "If you aren't recording, you're not a Udemy instructor."---Brian Now, if you consider this raw View more

User avatar by Anonymousposted by Anonymous on

Creating writable PDFs for phone downloads

Any tips on creating writable PDFs as downloadable worksheets? I'm working on Adobe Pro DC and creating documents that can be accessed and written on a smartphone. The font size has to be pretty big View more

First time to create an online course

Hello Instructors, My Query- is it right to create an Udemy course on self realization..? I'm 18 and I've discovered the short journey of self realization.. What Buddha, Jesus, Krishna, and other View more

Preparing First Course Best answer

Hello guys, I know all of you are getting excited and enthusiastic to make great courses! You may have some doubts and questions but I want you to know that you can do great things, my friends! Just View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

First time to create an online course

Hi, everyone.. I am Atanu from India . I am ready on my first course in step by step guidence In manuscript.I need your advice from start to end Video course creation,pricing,course Uploading View more

Don't Forget Ancillary Careers

Okay, so you may or may not be crushing it on Udemy. In either case... Have you considered making additional revenue through ancillary careers? Obviously, if you're teaching about drop-shipping you View more

appropriate animation programme

Hi, everyone. I am Reyhana from Azerbaijan. I am working on my first course. I need your advice. I want to add animated episodes to my course. But I am a bit confused in choosing appropriate View more

User avatar by Observerposted by Anonymous on

Verify owner content Best answer

Yesterday I sent a video confirming that I am the owner of the content in my own course, but no one has answer yet and this is my first course View more

I did it Best answer

finally, I submitted my 1st course it's a great step of me. thanks, udemy please comment me about your experience after 1st course submitted View more

Pricing.... I don't understand it

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.08.02 PM.png

If you look at this course its $199.99 before you log into udemy but then after logging into it its only $17.99.... How do I do this and do I set the price to $199 or $17... This is my first course View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by Anonymous on

What is and isn't allowed re book promotion? Best answer

Hi All. I'm designing a course based on a book I've recently published. What are the protocols about mentioning this? For example, can I: promote the book as a resource for the course?not promote the View more

How to Better Present My Course? Best answer

Hey guys. I have been messaging for feedback with my audience for a while. They have been for the most part non-responsive. I will do whatever it takes to make it better and give it a better View more

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!