First-time course creation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Start a conversation

Webinar Recordings 🎥 This thread is pinned

Hello instructors, We wanted to take a moment to share with you all the webinar recordings that we have had so far. Whether you're in the pre-production stage of your course or looking to optimize View more

User avatar by Community Managerposted

Course Creation Resources This thread is pinned

Udemy is not just a wealth of information for learners, we also have various resources to help instructors succeed! To get you started, we’d love to share with you some helpful resources to help you View more

How to define your target audience? This thread is pinned

Before you start creating your course content, it is important to dedicate some time to think about who your intended learners are. A few simple questions can help you do this: Who are they? Where View more

Feedback Thread: Give & Get Feedback on your course here! This thread is pinned

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. Before you share your course content, check View more

How to choose a course topic? This thread is pinned

An important part of creating your first course on Udemy is deciding what you want to teach. Our community is full of instructors who are experts in a variety of topics that go from computer science View more

Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Course Creation Best answer

We want to help you make more and better courses, so we’ve compiled a list of the best discussions about course creation for folks to read. We hope these conversations and tips help answer the most View more

User avatar by Retiredposted

A list of useful sources for instructors Best answer

Hi guys, I thought it could be interesting to have one post with a list of all the usefull sources for instructors, like music, graphics and software.... I started with what I usually use and with View more

User avatar by Community Championposted

Could be better! Best answer

Hi I’m bandar, paramedic and first aid instructor already presented more than 60 course to a lot of student. Just started to record my first online course but there is problem! With every video I View more

Free access for some initial reviewers Best answer

Hi - first time poster here! I am close to releasing my first course. I have a group of bloggers who I would like to provide free early access to the course. However it looks like I cannot produce a View more

Backdrop recommendation Best answer

Hi all, I'm looking for a good backdrop recommendation. Right now I've been filming with just a white wall behind me, and to mix it up sometimes I sit at my desk for filming. But, I'm looking for a View more

Who Wants to Talk Course Outlining?

All of my courses start as rough outlines typed into my favorite text editor Emacs. My course ideas are voluminous at first, filling several pages. But as I begin to focus in on a niche (using View more

User avatar by Anonymousposted by on

how can i promote my first course on udemy?

As my course is related to mangement technique Lean six sigma, so its not possible for me to motivate my friends or konwn people to take my course becasue mostly my friends are working in different View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by Anonymous on

Add screencast to Assignment? Best answer

My plan is to provide an assignment after most lectures to allow the student to practice the concept. Ideally, to encourage the student to do the assignment, I would state the assignment objective at View more

User avatar by Anonymousposted by Anonymous on

My Course Title is Misleading Best answer

My tentative course title, "How to Create a Video Remembrance" gives the wrong impression I fear. "How to Create a Video Remembrance" enables the student to commemorate a loved one, relative, View more

User avatar by Anonymousposted by on

Need inputs on the video

I have been working on my video skills for a long time. I have been publishing videos on YouTube and monitoring the result. Here is the latest one. I would love to have feedback from the community View more

Background music free royalty

I was finding a free suitable royalty free music for my promo video for a long time and I got one (Bensound and many other). As you know it asks me for adding the credits in the video description. I View more

Expected number of students

Hello friendsBeing a first time course creator, can I have an idea about the average number of students expected in first month and income. I just wanted to plan my investment. Especially the studio View more

Can medical topics be taught here? Best answer

Hi all, I browsed a bit about medical topics on this forum, but could not find much relevant topics to here. What I really want to know is that, are there enough medical audience on this app, to View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

semantics

Am very good at semantics. The study of meaning. Today, people really find it hard to understand the meaning and concept of meaning. The question now is, what then is meaning? And I will be View more

Software to be used Best answer

Hi all Can some one advise me as to what free software could I use to merge my slides, videos and audio Warm regardsCharu Khanna View more

authorized data??

Hi, I'm planning to creat a chinese course. I would like to know if I can use some movie clips, so that the students can do some dubbing excercises. So is this authorized? View more

User avatar by Rookieposted by on

Need help Best answer

I have uploaded all lectures in the course but still there is no tick mark in the left bar. All items are done and show a checklist but curriculum does not. How to fix this? My course is ready for View more

Broken link

In Creating your Course, I read this:Step 1: Choose your course topic.Pick something you're experienced in and genuinely excited about. Udemy has a few useful tools to help you understand the demand View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

How Camtasia 2018 Works

Hi Everyone, I was sharing a video with some students on Facebook and thought that it might be of interest. I use a software package called Camtasia 2018 (Windows/MacOS) to record and edit View more

Starting a course in a saturated subject

I’m in the beginning stages of creating a course in different aspects of film and video production, specially in post production, visual effects, and motion graphics. I’ve seen after doing the udemy View more

Conversion rate

Hello, I published my first course a few days ago and am beginning to see performance stats like number of landing page visitors and conversion rate. What would be considered a good conversion rate View more

Using student project as teaching tool

Anyone teaching their course by proposing a student project as the backbone of the course? I am reluctant to rethink my course and lose all the effort I've expended so far. But I wonder ... My View more

Get to "Good Enough"

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 1.19.49 PM.png Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 1.19.05 PM.png

Just submitted my 5th course for review. There were things I wanted to add. More stuff to put inside. More value to deliver. But over the last year I've noticed a pattern (for myself) when it comes View more

User avatar by Trailblazerposted by on
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors