did you all have to sign an affidavit???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did you all have to sign an affidavit???

My course was published only for it to be banned 2 days later

I spent 3 months developing it and have confirmed via the verification video AND via writing on email that it is all my own work

I think this treatment by Udemy is astounding and disgusting. I had asked what is the breach so that I can address it but no reply. Just a message on my account saying banned.

Absolute insult. 

4 Replies

No this doesn't happen quite often but i am shocked that you had to go through this issue. 

This needs to be addressed to Udemy. 

Don't worry have you tried reahing the intructorsupport team yet, if they get to know their mistake they can get your account back. 

KS

Hey @JaynShah, sorry to hear this is going on. I'm glad you reached out to policy@udemy.com. The team is best equipped to answer all your questions. Please note there's a current spike in requests so they may take a little while to reply back. Rest assured, however, they'll get back to you as soon as your email is next.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Thank you Abbie

They responded to give a little bit of info that their concern was regarding the voiceover (as its not my own voice except in the intro video) I had advised I paid for a voiceover professional

Today, I have resent my signed Affidavit and also a screenshot to show my messages and order for the professional voiceover guy telling him its for my online course

Can you please ask Udemy to respond to me, I would like this resolved and my course made active or, made "unbanned" so I can at least retrieve my course files and videos that i had uploaded.

Either way, I would like to conclude this. I am happy for Udemy to grant me course publishing or reject my couse but I need to be able to download my videos and check my course structure which can only be done if course page ban is lifted.  I will also happily delete my account thereafter.

Please and thanks for your assistance in getting this resolved.

Did you manage to get this sorted?

I have three courses and tried to publish a forth with the same presenter I used before and was sent a request to send a verification video and sign an affidavit!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors