green screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

green screen

Hello I have purchased my greenscreen and found that its all creasted so there are folded lines on it .. is that a problem with video?

9 Replies
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It will be, I one used a steamer, another time just a water boiler to get the creases out.

Just be careful, boiling water and all.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Do you have to get the crease out for a good video image on screen flow or it doesn’t matter ?

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Hi @mariapellicano1 you will see any major creases. Minor one will show up as colour variants in the background, this makes editing tough. Make sure you stand about a metre away and set your lighting. Spending the time setting up it worth it. @GregReverdiau has an excellent post on Green Screens. Sadly my tech tech skills are not up to finding it for you! 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

thanks Jocelyn haven't yet proceeded as it's overwhelming what to set up..I have my content ready but technology is what is causing the biggest delay 

GregReverdiau
Community Champion

You can also stretch it to get rid of the creases.  Lighting is far more important in my opinion than a few creases. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Hey!

It's completely normal for your green screen to arrive like this. There is no way they can ship it being folder only once. 

I have never ironed or steamed my green screens. You just need to:

- stretch it. Put something at the bottom that stretches it 

- light it up. And I don't mean fire 😉 put as much light as you can on it 

- stand away from it. Don't get too close. About a meter is fine 

- when in post, find the darkest mark when using the ultra key 

That should do it 😉

I tried ironing with a towl on top and steeming, but no luck, I went on to make a wooden frame and stretched the green screen to wraped it and stappled it tight, i had not one crease this method and when I filmed it was perfect when i changed the background display through imovie.

They are a pain but a little work and they are good to go.
Andy

Throw it in the dryer...that's always worked for me.

Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors