having trouble naming my smartphone course (any name suggestions)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble naming my smartphone course (any name suggestions)

Go to solution

My introduction script tells what course cover the best:

welcome to blah course as the title says blah. my name is blah and i will be your instructor. i have experomented with android and iphone over the years and i have compiled what i learned into this course that helps you avoid the pitfalls that i made when i got my first phone. I have have hacked, themed and downoladed over 100s of apps and now I have broke it down to fundamentals that everyone should know and appluy when getting there phone to save your time. The most notable lessons i teach is priotizing apps, handling social media, the essential app list and more. I know this course will help you or your money back within 30 days. This simple engaging course will simplify your digital life and as a bonus provide you with a framework to solve many of your common smarrphone relareds problems. The way this course works is there will be a small lecture and Ill hit a point and then right away you pause and right on the spot you can check and implement the point immediatly. Im glad your here and ill see you inside!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @angaddhawan12, it might help to think through what problem your course is solving for people and thinking about what your potential students would search in order to find your course. Is it about how to use a smartphone? How to use your phone to be the most productive? Really think about what the purpose of your course is and you can use that to title your course. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @angaddhawan12, it might help to think through what problem your course is solving for people and thinking about what your potential students would search in order to find your course. Is it about how to use a smartphone? How to use your phone to be the most productive? Really think about what the purpose of your course is and you can use that to title your course. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@angaddhawan12,

To begin with, I went to the Instructor Dashboard and selected Tools -> Marketplace Insights.  This is a place to check out niche competition and keywords.

I entered "phone", "iphone" and "smartphone" and didn't get any hits.  Finally, I entered "android" and got a hit for "android device basics" (low student demand) along with the following list of keywords:

smartphone (14%), android os (10%) and android crash course (5%).  Related topics didn't seem encouraging.

Next, enter your keywords into the Udemy Student search field and see what keyword completions are returned:

smartphone - smartphone photography, smartphone video, smartphone hacking - not very useful.

android - android app development, android studio

android os - nothing.

To tell you the truth, these searches have produced so few results that I'm thinking your topic is not in demand.  I would go through the same process I just described yourself and see if you can expand your course into a more specific niche (e.g. android app development) although I should also warn you that these are popular niches with lots of competant competion.

I hope this helps and that you understand the process you should go through to evaluate keywords.  Once you've gathered enough keywords, put them together to form your 120 character title and 240 character subtitle (put lesser keywords in you subtitle only).

Hope this helps,

---Brian

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @angaddhawan12  Yes you need to focus on the pain points that new iphone users feel. What is different about what you are offering in comparrison to what people can find on the apple website. In terms of a title is your course "iphone hacks" / "Get the most from your iphone" / "Simplify your iphone" ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors