make a course by smartphone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make a course by smartphone?

Hello everyone, I am new here, I've been thinking about creating my own course for a while now and I finally decided to start since due coronavirus I have lot of free time. 

unfortunately, I don't have any microphones and cameras to make professional videos, is it possible to create a course by using a smartphone? using a laptop just to edit? Or would it be too unprofessional? I believe that the important thing is the content rather than the quality but actually I,m not an expert of video editing so i'd like to have a piece of advice. Thanks in advance for your time.

Andrea.

1 Reply

Hi Andrea,

a smartphone may be a fantastic camera and a decent microphone, too. Give it a try.

What is the sound like? Consider connecting an external mic to your phone (if your phone is compatible). I've pluged in a very inexpensive lavalier mic which improves my sound quality, dramatically. (It doesn't have to be the popular rode smartlav+. My mic was less than 10 bugs and it sounds almost as good as my friend's rode one.)

Often, bad sound is not just the mic's fault. Room accoustics also plays an important role. DIY sound insulation might help, too (curtains, carpets, foamed material ...).

Tip: In quiet neighbourhoods, it might be a good idea to record your video outside.

Bottom line: No, you don't need expensive gear to start off. Have fun creating your course! (And maybe someone else knows about free or inexpensive editing tools.)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors