"Unpublished Section" - What does this mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unpublished Section" - What does this mean?

On the Udemy page where you build your course, I'm in the Curriculum section under "Create your content". I see that Section 1: Introduction was already added for me with the ability to add content. I attempted to add a second section and when I did so, I see, the words "Unpublished Section". What does this mean?  And I don't see an option to add content to the section. How can I create a new section and add content?

7 Replies

Hey @RandyMinder, you should see a "Publish lecture" button somewhere in the course curriculum. You can find more info about adding content to a lecture in this support article. If you're still having trouble while publishing a section, feel free to reach out instructorsupport@udemy.com with the course name and lecture number and they'll gladly troubleshoot further.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Hi Abbie - According to the documentation you referenced, the only time I will see a Publish button is if I've already submitted my course for review. However, I cannot submit for review because I'm still building it out. It seems odd I cannot publish my changes, so I can see how everything is going to look, untill I submit for review. Am I missing something?

Randy

Hi Randy,

I ran into the same problem just now: I could still add lectures, but no new sections, it would always show 'unpublished section'. I already set the price, so that wasn't it.

After some messing around I found a simple solution. It seems to be some bug. Here's how I solved it:

- I moved the 'unpublished section' up until a lecture of the previous section dropped inside

- Now the section is no longer showing unpublished and I can add new lectures

- I add a new lecture, the first one of that section

- Then I drag the lecture of the previous section back into that previous section

Et voilà!

Cheers,

Stan

I tried moving my unpublished section up and down, but it still doesn't allow me to add lectures.  Any advice?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @AlexGodinez778 You just need to hover your mouse and click the + icon that appears and you will need to add a lecture under this section. If this doesn't help please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi, 

I had the same problem until I noticed that the length of my training did not exceed 2 hrs. Which is the maximum course length for a free course....So I simply set a price to my training and all was fine. Hope this helps.

Thanks @UnitPeter688  - It was almost one year ago I asked this question and I figured it out since then. 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors