video orientation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video orientation

Go to solution

Hello everyone, I'm in the middle of creating my first kids art course on Udemy. Some of my videos are filmed in landscape and others in portait. Is this ok?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this matter, 

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

....l in a word..NO...... I would say you will be allowed to do this as Udemy standards dropped some time back to allow more new instructors to publish with ease. However my advise is to stick with landscape. Portrait leaves ugly black bars down the side of each video which look very unprofessional. You want to aim to put your absolute BEST effort forward @LisaPunter0501 . Take a good look at your competition and see what they are offering. Good luck and enjoy the process. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

....l in a word..NO...... I would say you will be allowed to do this as Udemy standards dropped some time back to allow more new instructors to publish with ease. However my advise is to stick with landscape. Portrait leaves ugly black bars down the side of each video which look very unprofessional. You want to aim to put your absolute BEST effort forward @LisaPunter0501 . Take a good look at your competition and see what they are offering. Good luck and enjoy the process. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors