where to start?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to start?

IMG_0563.JPG

so... I learned and acquired many good and bad things...but I think the most rewarding thing is my ability to teach a language... So I speak 3 languages. Spanish, English and Portuguese but the problem is where do I start? I really have a lot to say but on the momento to record or write my inspirtation is gone!

3 Replies
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @TeacherDemos 

The only place you can and should start is by choosing a subject that you are passionate about so that the motivation is there from the beginning. Then work on the reason you want to create courses for others, give yourself a powerful reason and combine that with passion and you will be away and running!

So......

What are you passionate about?

Who do you want to help and for what reason?

2 weeks ago I was in the same spot as you. I've got 20 years of expertise in the subject I want to teach other people but when I tried to speak on the camera I feel stupid and dumb. All my ideas just weren't important enough to open my mouth. So, I went through several other courses and sketched some plan (just like a ToC for the book). My wife studies professional writing and she gave me some advice on structuring content. I used to be a programmer, but people consume data with some structure. So I put my ToC into the spreadsheet table and tried to imagine what is first and what is next. This gave me a logical sequence of what should be first and what next. 

Now I'm working on the content. Already done about 80 print pages I the things I will be talking on the videos. It was a very productive week.

Also, I measure how much time I've done, how many characters per minute I've typed and all other things that help me to understand my progress and plan my mental and physical resources.  

Hope this give you some ideas

Thanks for sharing @xen! Hope your course creation process goes smoothly.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors