which is better for a multi lingual instructor profile ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which is better for a multi lingual instructor profile ?

Hi;

I plan to have course in french and english

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one; I want to know how other people did it and if they had to do it again what wil be their approach

Maybe I miss a part, but for now the only way I see is:

1. Using one profile and strip the text to fit english and french in one profile

2. Using two profile, one for each language

Regards!

Jonathan

5 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jodumont Udemy will actually help you with this - they will ghost your course so you can present it in both languages. (I haven't done it however I have seen it)

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

@SharonRamelthank for your awnser, so if I understand well, you seams saying I don't have to translate my "course" they will do it for me ?

but what about my profile, they will also do it ?

because when I go to your profile and choose French, your profile still in english, only the generic content of the page switch in french.

[Untitled].jpg

SharonRamel
Community Champion

No @jodumont they will not translate it for you, they will create another identical looking course, you can then use voice over to create them same course but in a different language. You ha e to do the voice work.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Jodumont, 

I think you are correct in saying that those are the two options. There is no direct translation available so that your profile can be seen in two languages. 

If you do option 1, you'll have to write your instructor description in two languages. Then you can offer your courses in either French or English. There are lots of instructors who offer courses in different languages by just creating one course for each language.

If you do option 2, you will have two profiles (which is possible). Udemy allows you to have co-instructors on your courses so you could "attach" both your accounts to the same course. It seems like a lot of work just to have a translation. 

Do you plan to offer the same course in two languages or do you plan on having unique courses for each language? This might help you decide whether you want one or two accounts. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

My plan is to offer the same course with both language, but like with audio in french and audio in english, not just a silly translation at the bottom of the screen.

Actually, does people really pay for those kinds of translation and do people buy courses with subtitle ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors