50 hrs course pirated! Legal action against the pirator (already known)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 hrs course pirated! Legal action against the pirator (already known)?

2 weeks before I uploaded my course (50 hours) and kept it private for the first week to give some special discounts for my blog website premium members.

Last week I made the course from public - private and still my course in review.

But today I received an email from one of my student that someone is selling my course for half the price by sharing the Google drive link to download!!

I did some investigation myself and played the role of purchaser and got more details about the pirator who is selling my course, including all his phone number as well as the social media profiles. ( he was my premium whom I allowed with discount). Now I know the person behind it.

I am wondering what will be the next best action? Any advice from the fellow instructors.

Any legal action can we take against this guy!! Can Udemy help on this?

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Premkumar Ganesan I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, now you just need to send an email to piracy@udemy.com the team will ask you detailed information on how to find the course and they will provide further steps. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Hi,

What was the result in the end? Anything you could share with us?

The matter should be vigilantly checked with the terms and conditions of copyright of udemy and your contract with them foremost and then further action taken accordingly

Dr adv cherry kushwaha
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors