Beware of fake Udemy Support Team scamming new instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of fake Udemy Support Team scamming new instructors

Hello to all ! I am a new instructor and I have been bombarded by a fake Udemy support team promising you a promotion of your course with free coupons which for a new instructor may sound interesting . They use the logo and name of the real Udemy Support team but are in reality Russian scammers with English fake names sending you e-mails to your Udemy message board like the following:

( I hope you share this info with other instructors so they get not scammed. I have reported this to Udemy as it is an inner security issue but they still keep on sending e-mails to me so I guess they do the same to all new instructors !) 

(For Udemy Security Team I have his Russian name which matchs with his Paypal account if you need it) Please take care !

SAMPLE OS THE FAKE E-MAIL:

FAKE LOGO OF UDEMY TEAM +

" Hello !

I want to get right to the point, beacause I know you´re busy.

We are a team of Positive reviews, and we are ready to

help you advance your course !

Please do not reply to this email directly.

If you are interested, let us know.

Details can be found here: xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com "

3 Replies
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for flagging it in here @Juankiji and for reporting it to Udemy, the more report and flag this the more Udemy can do about it 🙂 

Hi @Juankiji,

Thank you for reporting this to our policy team. It's definitely the way to go whenever we're approached by these type of users. Also, would you mind editing the post and blur out the email address so that we don't give these scammers additional exposure? We appreciate your help! 

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Sorry, I didn´t know that ! Alright !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors