Can i make ads?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i make ads?

Hi, i've created my first course on Udemy.
I would like to know if:

• Can i run Facebook/Instagram ads pointing directly to my referral link?
  • Can i run Facebook/Instagram/Google ads pointing to my website were i create a landing page with a button with my referral link?

Thank you
5 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You can, but it's likely to lose money for you. The cost of a conversion from a paid ad is typically more than the revenue you will receive from the sale on Udemy.

I'd advise focusing on things you can do for free: YouTube videos that link to your course, blogs, focusing on SEO on your Udemy course landing page, making your course image stand out,  stuff like that. See https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/use-external-marketing-tools/ and https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/course-landing-page-keyword-exercise/ for more ideas.

Thank you very much!
So is that hard to sell a course? 😅
Anyway the important is that i can do that and i would like to try just to see if it's really bad or maybe it could be a nice boost.
I've already a plan to make articles and videos on my website/YT channel.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Let us know the results.

Hi Andrea @ASVideo

Sharing your ideas on how you have or will promote your Udemy course on your YouTube channel and on your website will be of great interest to many udemy instructors.

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.

Hi, I have a YouTube channel about videomaking and GoPro tutorials. So i made a course about the last model of GoPro (in Italian). I'll share the link in all my previous GoPro videos and i'll talk about this course in the next videos.
So i'll make also a blog post about this new course and i'll create a good landing page that i would like to sponsor. The BIGGEST problem form me are the discounts.
Infact if i share with my community now the course they'll pay 44.99€ (and for me is a low price for the time and the effort that i spent on it) but maybe in 1/2 weeks it will go down to 14.99€ as the other Udemy courses.
So, I'm waiting the approval of the course, then i'll wait the discount to 14.99€ (or similar) to launch it on my social/website. At that point i think it's ok that the first people will pay less, than the price will go up again and then down and so on.

I think that this is a good opportunity for the standard Udemy users that knows these discounts. But for a normal community outside Udemy i think that it's a bad thing. I expect a lot of complaining 😅
So i was thinking to remove my course from the Udemy deals, but i think that i can do a lot of sales with a discounted price...so...i'll see.

P.S. i just saw that there is a 11,99€ discount for 2 days now 😂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors