From 4k to 720p

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 4k to 720p

I have my 5k mac, and my course is 2 hours of screencasting  in 4k.
I found out here on Udemy video should be 720p.
So when I downscale my video in Final cut pro from 4k to 720p i have lost all of my quality (wow) and everything become blurred and impossible to read...
Is there anyway of downscaling my original 4k videos without loosing that much of a quality?

PS
May be the problem is that i am still watching this downscaled 720p on my 5k monitor?

I am afraid that low quality will affect my students 

1 Reply

Hi @MaxChered 

Udemy currently only supports videos up to 1080p. Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.
When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Once your course is uploaded, you can contact instructorsupport@udemy.com so that the team can enable 1080p in your course.

Hope this helps!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors