cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Artists typically do on Udemy?

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to Udemy and have just published my first course seen here: 

https://www.udemy.com/course/songwriting-i-come-from-a-land/

I come from a music, songwriting, artist background, and I don't really know the main market at Udemy.  For example, if most students are looking for technical training or language courses, then I have to set reasonable expectations about how many students I can attract to my songwriting course.

So, I'd like to know from those with experience, how do artists usually do on Udemy?  Thank you.

3 Replies

Hi @MMFSELCM .

There are other songwriting/composition type courses on Udemy. Do a search and check how they are doing. 

I had a look at your course and noticed all your videos are available for free preview. This means someone can do your course for free. 

The other thing I noticed is your first 2 videos are identical. You may want to fix that. 

Best of luck. 

Thank you LiamDavin1 for your help and suggestions.  I had no idea my content was offered like that for free preview.  This is very odd as when I created the curriculum, I only had the option of allowing downloadable content, so this preview option didn't show up when creating the course.  Also, they demand 10 minutes of preview, which I didn't know either.  I changed the options to only allow 2 of my videos for preview, but when I logged out and viewed the course, nothing had changed.  Free previews are still available on all of my videos except for one.

If anyone views my content for free, I should be able to charge Udemy for that, as they are the ones that enabled free options, not me.  I tried to contact Udemy, but I can't find a phone number or email to address the issue.  Do you know how I can get this resolved?  Thanks.

Hi @MMFSELCM 

This is the contact email for Udemy, instructorsupport@udemy.com.

You have the choice of making any video free preview or not and making it downloadable or not. When you change something you need to hit save for changes to take place. As you have noticed you  have to make 10 minutes of video free to preview so students can check out your course. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors