Marketing with course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing with course

Hello, everyone.

Me again. I'm so sorry for asking so many questions. It's my first time as a Udemy course instructor and I'm dead nervous of doing the wrong thing. I'll be much better when I do my second course😊

I sent the following email to "Trust and Safety":

I've read the guidelines on the above but am new to Udemy and my first course has just been made public. I would like to clarify the following so that I can be absolutely sure that I'm not violating any of Udemy's policies. Please can you clarify:

* Am I allowed to share my course link as well as coupon links on my IG page, in emails to people on my email list in order to advertise my course and bring audience to it?

I received the following reply:

If instructors or affiliates were to bid on keywords involving Udemy trademarks, this would have the effect of raising the cost to a level that would be very difficult to earn back through accompanying sales.  

While you are more than welcome to share your course link and coupon code with your students and your current audience, please refer to this part of our terms:

(c) You will not promote Udemy through paid advertising or media buying that leads directly to the Udemy website (found at www.udemy.com). You will not bid on Udemy-branded keywords as an affiliate. This applies to all advertising platforms and to all affiliates unless direct approval from Udemy is granted.

I don't really understand their reply. Are they saying it's OK to share my course link course and course coupons on sm as long as I'm not paying for this?

Once again everyone, I absolutely appreciate your replies and input.

Regards

Noleen

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NoleenDaya, thanks for reaching out! Congratulations on publishing your first course. 👏

That is a great question! Let me clarify this to help you: If you mean offering your Udemy courses as a matter of promotion on your social media or other web pages you may use, then there is no policy against this, as it is actually a marketing strategy recommended for instructors in Udemy. You can even see a few tips from Udemy on how to do this here:

Now, if you were referring to paid advertising, promoting courses with Udemy's trademark, or promoting courses as a Udemy affiliate, there are a few rules in place, such as the one the Trust and Safety team mentioned in the ticket. If this is the case, I recommend reaching back out to the team so they can further assist you. 

I hope this helps! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hi Bella

Thanks so much for your advice and help. 
I am definitely going to promote my course on my social media page.

Have a happy day!

Regards, Noleen

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anytime @NoleenDaya! Have a wonderful week ahead. 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors