New instructor / new course performance norms or review from Udemy admins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New instructor / new course performance norms or review from Udemy admins?

Hello all,

I am new here.  Just launched my first course a little more than a week ago. I've had considerable response to my free promotions and I've gotten a reasonable number of reviews.  I've responded promptly to all messages and Q&A's.  My engagement stats look good, I guess, but as compared to what exactly?

Are there any stats available that show median numbers of enrollments, reviews, Q&A posts, engagement %, etc over time for new instructors?  Is it possible to get anyone at Udemy to review my performance stats and offer suggestions for improvement?

Thanks for any insights.  At this point, all looks well to me except revenue.  🙂

2 Replies
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @StanVangild204,

Many congratulations to have launched your first course. It is excellent to see that you are highly responsive to your audience. And in my humble opinion that is the key to success on Udemy, among other things.

To answer your question, I do not recollect anything specific to share as feedback for new instructors.I think this is because every niche is different. Also, every instructor defines his/her own growth path based on the commitment of his/her time and energy. Comparing with each other may be like comparing apples to oranges.

With that said, if it is ok with you, I will share the top 3 things that I did as a new instructor to be successful on Udemy. Point 2 below will help you compare your current stage with the experiences shared by other instructors.

1). Take the Udemy Official Course (FREE): If you are new in online learning space, this will definitely help you. I had taken the earlier version of this course available back in 2016. It was very helpful to build future courses. Udemy has released a newer version of it. Here's the link: https://www.udemy.com/course/official-udemy-create-course/

2) Phil Ebiner's Podcast: Phil Ebiner (a seasoned Udemy Instructor) has a few amazing podcast interviews with other Udemy instructors. There's so much to learn listening to each podcast. I never missed one. You will get the links on iTunes, Stitcher or Spotify.

3) Review other courses in your niche: You may take some time to review other courses in your niche to see what they are doing different and take some best practices.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks Rahul!  I really appreciate it. I just finished the Udemy course - yes it was good and very helpful.  Will definitely check out the podcast.  I had seen a few videos from Phil Ebiner on YouTube, but not familiar with him.

Also good advice on taking other courses.  Thanks again.  

Stan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors