Record with GoPro Hero 9

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record with GoPro Hero 9

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm planning to create a new Java course, but I have a question about hardware.

I'm planning to buy GoPro Hero 9, for Udemy and for my other projects. But:

Is it acceptable for Udemy, if I use records with GoPro Hero 9 and Camtasia Studio Pro 2021 edition? (I'll capture and edit screen with Camtasia Studio, and I'll record my VOICE and my face with GoPro Hero 9 in 4K)

And also, is it acceptable voice records In GoPro Hero 9? Should I use any other device?

(I'll buy GoPro Hero 9 if you'll say it is enough for both video and audio)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Got it, thank you for the additional context @AKINCITraining.

In this case, I recommend checking the product description online. All GoPros come with built-in microphones, so you might even be able to find a video recorded with the GoPro Hero 9 to check the audio quality of the mic to see if you need an external or not. Ultimately, as long as the audio is clear, synced to the video, and can come out of both speakers, it will be accepted. You can compare the specifications of the GoPro with the A/V standards outlined in the help docs:

I'm sorry that I'm unable to further assist and provide specific advice about this camera, but hopefully, your fellow instructors can jump in on this thread to offer their input. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @AKINCITraining, glad to hear you're planning on creating a new course. 

You are free to record your videos with the camera of your choice, as long as it meets the following quality standards: 

• HD video quality (720p or 1080p)
  • Landscape picture orientation (not portrait)
  • Quality audio that comes out of both channels and is synced to video

A GoPro seems like a good idea for recording video and audio, but the best way to ensure the quality of your video meets our requirements is by submitting a Test VideoLearn how to create and submit a test video here

Additionally, the Camtasia is one of the most used software between instructors. You can read more information about video standards and choosing a camera here.

Hope that helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you Bella,

Actually, the problem is that I don't know if the GoPro audio recording will suffice.

The price of the device I mentioned in Turkey is about $700. And if I get the "poor sound quality" response from Udemy when I buy this device, it would be a vain investment.

That's why I'm trying to learn if only GoPro Hero 9 is enough for sound recording while talking about the subject in training videos.

I need to buy this tool to record a test video, even if they say it is not enough at the end of the test, I cannot send it back

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Got it, thank you for the additional context @AKINCITraining.

In this case, I recommend checking the product description online. All GoPros come with built-in microphones, so you might even be able to find a video recorded with the GoPro Hero 9 to check the audio quality of the mic to see if you need an external or not. Ultimately, as long as the audio is clear, synced to the video, and can come out of both speakers, it will be accepted. You can compare the specifications of the GoPro with the A/V standards outlined in the help docs:

I'm sorry that I'm unable to further assist and provide specific advice about this camera, but hopefully, your fellow instructors can jump in on this thread to offer their input. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you very much Bella

Go to solution

@AKINCITraining Do a search on YouTube. There are some reviews on this particular camera. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors