Why my course price has been changed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my course price has been changed?

Go to solution

I found that the price has changed to 10.00USD.I need to full control my course price.

Teach me please.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @Thaivb, this probably means you have oped in Udemy promotions. As an instructor, you have the option to participate in the Udemy Deals Program. The Udemy Deals Program is made up of two marketing channels that spotlight your course(s) in different ways.  You can opt-out of this program at any time by editing your promotional agreements. 

Participation in Udemy Deals program is governed by the terms available here.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Thaivb, this probably means you have oped in Udemy promotions. As an instructor, you have the option to participate in the Udemy Deals Program. The Udemy Deals Program is made up of two marketing channels that spotlight your course(s) in different ways.  You can opt-out of this program at any time by editing your promotional agreements. 

Participation in Udemy Deals program is governed by the terms available here.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank You for your reply.

Go to solution

Go to solution

If you have Udemy market your courses for you, which I believe is the default, you really don't have much control over what Udemy sets as the price for your courses. When Udemy runs a sale, either a site wide sale or regional sale, it will almost always mark the list price down from what you've set. And this price can vary from region to region. It does this, of course, to maximize the likelihood of making a sale.

The only way I know to avoid this is to opt out of Udemy marketing but then you are 100% responsible for marketing your courses and drawing customers to your landing page. This is not at all easy to do for most people.

Go to solution

Go to solution

Thanks for sharing Randy, that makes a lot of sense, I've been in the digital marketing field for 5+ years and I've come here to Udemy to get content to people. It's really nice how Udemy takes care of the marketing so we can focus on creating content for the students. 

Go to solution

Much like the book publisher or record label, Udemy markets and promotes your course, just like the others do for a book you authored or an album you created. And yes, just like the others, Udemy then gets most of the profit for a sale. What we sell by our own doing, means greater reward for us, of course.

The similarities between the different media are certainly there.  🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors