first time course strategie

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first time course strategie

Hello,

I have finished my first course and I was wondering what was the best way to go.

It's a short course, 1h, where you learn something specific and practical skills (from the drawing of a bedside table to the conception of technical drawing to manufacture).

Is it better to put it for free? or to put it paid and issue free coupons?

It will be followed by other course but this one is mainly to create trust so that the learner understand that the course bring them something valuable and is qualitative, so I'm not expecting to make any revenue of it.

Thanks for your advice

Paul

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd go with paid and free coupons, and for a one-hour course you should set the list price to the lowest tier I think.

You'll find that Udemy does not surface free courses in search much at all; they are hard to discover. They also come with many restrictions on ways to interact with your students; with a free course, there is no Q&A and no promotional announcements. So there's not much opportunity to leverage Udemy's audience and marketing tools with a free course. With a paid course, you can still push traffic to it yourself with free coupons, and simultaneously benefit from any organic traffic Udemy might generate for you as well.

This doesn't apply to you, but another consideration for instructors teaching business-related topics is that free courses are not eligible for inclusion in Udemy Business. Free courses really are best avoided these days.

great, thanks

You said "are not eligible for inclusion in Udemy Business" What is Udemy business?

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It's a subscription service Udemy sells to businesses to give their employees access to a curated set of courses. If your course gets included it can lead to some extra cash, but generally that would only happen if you are teaching business related topics for which not enough good courses exist already. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors