Hi! I'm a newcomer here on my 2nd course (pending review)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I'm a newcomer here on my 2nd course (pending review)

Hi! My name is Dustin DeMoss. I've worked with the prison population, substance abuse counseling, and child welfare social work. I have a few questions articulated in the video above. Some of which are: Is there a big market for mental health instruction? Can I send a promotional email to the 200 students that signed up for my free course? And a number of other questions in the video.

Also, would you mind critiquing my presentation (being sensitive to newcomer)?

Thank you and I look forward to being a part of the community!

1 Reply
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HumanBehaviors , I see you have four published courses. I looked at the promo for your second course. Like this one it is in your kitchen and not once do you ever look at me. Your gaze seems mostly fixed on I assume a teleprompter. At other times your eyes dart around but still, they never find me. Thus I have no relationship with you even though you are here on camera. Your students don't care that you are not coping with your job and feel intimidated being on camera. Your job is to convince me WHT I should travel this pathway with you. You mention you love filming in your kitchen - so that can be seen as either a quirk that becomes a selling point - ie what anger management skills are we cooking up in the kitchen today or more likely why is this dude in his kitchen when he is teaching me about .... You can use it as a feature BUT then you script and work it accordingly. 

Mental health is a growing issue. Have checked out the Udemy's marketing insights tool?

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 2.22.51 pm.png

Sorry but you cannot send your free students a promotional announcement, you can however in the bonus lecture put in coupon codes for your courses.

Good luck with developing your unique brand. I would strongly suggest taking a look at what and how other instructors are presenting their courses. I didn't have a good look but your CLP is a need of a makeover.

Embrace the challenge of bringing the best you can to market

Sharon

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.