Looking for a native English speaker to collaborate with

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a native English speaker to collaborate with

Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank you all for creating such an amazing community and being so supportive.

I am working on a course right now. I have recorded most of the lectures and written more than half of all the scripts. Now I want a native English speaker (preferably someone with a North American accent) to voice over them. You do not need to have any knowledge on the topic I am creating the course on.

Please let me know if you are interested and want to collaborate. And feel free to ask any queries you have.

Thank you.

5 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Personally @Blindcoder it may be better to use your own voice. Practice speaking clearly recording yourself every day. Listen to the recording and think of how you can adjust your speaking/accent so that our global audience can understand you. I am an Aussie, so I had to slow down and finish my words - small adjustments that make a big change in the way people hear me. Plus I have fixed up the closed captions so people can read them to supplement my accent. Good luck and enjoy this wonderful creative process.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

I agree with Sharon. Unless your accent is really really really horrible (which I guess it isn't; your written English is quite good), better to record it yourself. If you have the scripts, you can read directly from them, which will help. I think students value authenticity. Auto-generated and manually corrected subtitles will also help a lot.

Thank you both for your time and replies.

I totally agree with you Mike, it's better if students hear directly from an instructor. But still I'm considering collaborating with a native English speaker for a couple of reasons.

I've been working on this course for quite a while now, and I want to finish it asap, without compromising the quality. Plus I guess everybody will prefer listening from someone who's first language is English.

So I thought if there's somebody who could work with me and I'd share revenue with him.

And you if you think we can work together, please send an email to blindcoder@thewebcodes.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look for my response in the email address you provided.

I've done similar projects. In some situations it can be a better option. I contacted the email you provided. Cheers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.