New Instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Instructor

Hi. I’m Zayne Cryst I’m about to upload my first e-course and I’m planning the first introductory course to be free to gather some people. Do you think it is the right choice?

I’m also thinking how does veteran instructors here promote their courses online? I’m not a fan of email promotions because I think people today are just using emails to login for their social media accounts people spend more time in social media especially ages 25 and below. What do you think? Hmmm.

I’m also thinking what is the average earning of a newbie instructor here per month just by using organic traffic of Udemy and no promotions outside? Because I observe weeks ago even the lowest quality, appears in the last page, non interactive, no marketing outside Udemy and even the course itself is not abiding in some marketing concepts but still have some student? Hmm...

Thank you for taking time to read my questions and thanks in advance if you have some ideas to share.

~ @ZayneCryst
2 Replies
MarkLassoff
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Free courses have not been a great way to start.  

Free courses attract "free" people who want to collect classes, but rarely engage, and rarely purchase.    I think email is still useful and there are dozens of posts about marketing a new course if you search the forums,  teach.udemy.com , and other online resources.

With organic traffic and no marketing or promotions, you can expect to earn close to zero.  Courses that take off are relevant ones, high quality, and actively marketed by the instructor.

Mark Lassoff

Hi im only going to Answer your First Question! In my own personal Experience where I put one of my Courses up for FREE for a bit...I did Notice that a lot of people never ever looked at it or finished it because it was Free...on the other hand if a person buys your Course they really feel that they should get their Moneys worth,and engage and finish it...so I have to agree with MarkLassoff...I hope this helps,The Best of Luck! MK

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.