Questions on publishing my first course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on publishing my first course?

Go to solution

Dear Fellow Instructors and Community Moderators,

I am new to Udemy and I am super excited to post my first course on Udemy. But I have a few questions before publishing. 

1. Is it okay to post the first course for free, I want to build an audience and get feedback on how it all goes?

2. For hosting the free course, will Udemy charge me any fees?

3. Once the course picks up and I have a few students, would I be able to switch a free course to a paid course for new students?

Any other tips for a new instructor, and the things that worked out for you as an Instructor can really help.

Thank you 🙏

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @Leo-k, I'll be happy to try to answer your questions.

1- Your courses can be either free or paid, it's totally up to you.

2- There is no fee to be an instructor on Udemy. And there's no fee for a free course. Instructors are paid/charged according to a revenue share model outlined here

3- While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @Leo-k, I'll be happy to try to answer your questions.

1- Your courses can be either free or paid, it's totally up to you.

2- There is no fee to be an instructor on Udemy. And there's no fee for a free course. Instructors are paid/charged according to a revenue share model outlined here

3- While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you @Abbie for a very clear answer. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.