Supporting our instructors through COVID-19

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting our instructors through COVID-19

Hi Udemy instructors,

As communities around the world grapple with the threat of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know how Udemy is working to further our mission of improving lives through learning while adapting to serve you and your students during this difficult time.

First, we’ve taken steps to ensure we’re operating responsibly during the crisis. In our different global offices, we’ve taken extra precautions to make sure our teams are staying safe, so the whole Udemy team is working from home. We’ve also moved to cancel or postpone all in-person events and employee travel to minimize the risk to the communities in which we operate. 

Because we’re a digital platform, we don’t anticipate any interruption in service for you or your students.  We’re still hard at work keeping Udemy running smoothly, maintaining seamless instructor payments, growing the business steadily - while improving it every day. We will continue to offer 24/7 support for all users, and we’re committed to helping students continue learning uninterrupted wherever they are.

During this time, we are seeing more people and organizations turning to remote work and learning for the first time and we expect that students around the world will rely on your expertise now more than ever. As the world begins to adapt and respond to the current situation, sharing your knowledge on Udemy ensures that any person, anywhere can learn the skills they need to take on any challenge. 

We support you, and we’ll continue supporting you in the times ahead. Thank you for your continued dedication to your students and your work. We wish you and your loved ones the best during this time and thank you for teaching students around the world. 

Sincerely,

Gregg Coccari

35 Replies

Hi! 

I wanted to ask if Udemy Live Chat is still working? 

I am currently living in the United Kingdom and whenever I go to support.udemy.com, I can't see the live chat button that usually pops up. I am also aware of timings but even throughout the day, I can't see the button. Is this something because of COVID-19? 

Thanks,

Dhhyey

Hi! @DYay2810 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thanks for your feedback!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Hi
Thank you for your support in the pandemic.

I try submission video and haven't received any reply. do you continue manual submission during the pandemic?  

Hi! @MajidKamran 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your like!!! You may be perfected able to considered how the possibility that discussing with each other for responding to your problems with the Udemy Community. As a results you're getting a solution for meditation by awareness and exclusive use of the practices with commercials mindfulness to exchange your profile and thought of it to reflecting on the future with best regards. Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Hi Greg

Thank you - i am wondering how long courses are taking to be reviewed. The reason I ask is that I have put together a free course to Assist with mental well-being and the management of anxiety  isolation and stress at this time which I submitted about 4 days ago.

And obviously as its for helping people deal with COVID 19 i would like it published as quickly as possible.

Thansk Andy

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndyLingfield we've seen a recent spike in new courses submitted for review, which is currently leading to longer waiting times when publishing new courses. We shared this as an announcement in the community. You can check it out here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Thank you Eliana for responding so quickly 

I had not seen that thread - hopefully then it will be reviewed either today or tomorrow thanks Andy 

Thank you guys for your hard work.

Udemy team is awesome!

Hi! @YixuanLi 

Congratulations for your feedback!!! Go ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Thank you! 🙂

Excellent! Thank you. Smiley Happy

thank you very much

@GreggC wrote:

Thank you so much Gregg. I really appreciate the eforts that you put in to keep Udemy Awesome.

Am i too late to join the forum. But i will share my journey of experience in "lockdown 2020" about how i'm making 40 Thousand Ringgit in just 2 week during Corona Virus Lockdown in Malaysia.

@GreggC wrote:

Hi Udemy instructors,

As communities around the world grapple with the threat of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know how Udemy is working to further our mission of improving lives through learning while adapting to serve you and your students during this difficult time.

First, we’ve taken steps to ensure we’re operating responsibly during the crisis. In our different global offices, we’ve taken extra precautions to make sure our teams are staying safe, so the whole Udemy team is working from home. We’ve also moved to cancel or postpone all in-person events and employee travel to minimize the risk to the communities in which we operate. 

Because we’re a digital platform, we don’t anticipate any interruption in service for you or your students.  We’re still hard at work keeping Udemy running smoothly, maintaining seamless instructor payments, growing the business steadily - while improving it every day. We will continue to offer 24/7 support for all users, and we’re committed to helping students continue learning uninterrupted wherever they are.

During this time, we are seeing more people and organizations turning to remote work and learning for the first time and we expect that students around the world will rely on your expertise now more than ever. As the world begins to adapt and respond to the current situation, sharing your knowledge on Udemy ensures that any person, anywhere can learn the skills they need to take on any challenge. 

We support you, and we’ll continue supporting you in the times ahead. Thank you for your continued dedication to your students and your work. We wish you and your loved ones the best during this time and thank you for teaching students around the world. 

Sincerely,

Gregg Coccari

soon in udemy. Because 

Thanks so much for help us.This is a magnificent organization. Francis oji048.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.