Udemy Search Engine & Algorithm Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy Search Engine & Algorithm Error

Hi, All Instructor and Udemy Team,

I found the biggest error in Udemy's Search Engine.

I have some courses Live on Udemy's platform in the Hindi Language.

I have set my course language Hindi on the Course Landing Page setting.

Hindi Language.png

Now, As a student If I search for "Adobe Premiere in Hindi" or "Video Editing in Hindi". It doesn't show my courses on the result page. 

Search Result.png

Now, What I have to do is to filter from Language and select only "Hindi" there, then It will show y course on the result page.

Search Result Hindi.png

Now, My question is that,

Do every student know, where to add filter the exact things they want to find?

Why they have to add a filter if they have already included the word Hindi in their search query?

Now, the same thing, If I change my language on the Course landing page to ENGLISH(INDIA) and save it. then search only "Adobe Premiere in Hindi" or "Video Editing in Hindi". I can find my course on the first result without any filter.

So what to do? If I keep my language English in my Hindi course, it is against Udemy Policy and If I use Hindi as my course language, It will never show up in the search result until a filter added.

So I request Udemy to change the search engine data and algorithm accordingly exact search word.

Waiting for a reply from Udemy Team,

Thanks.

V.T.Sutariya
2 Replies

Due to very less market of hindi courses they will always first show English courses unless hindi language is selected specifically from the filter. This is how web searches work. Also you have to use the word "hindi" in title in subtitles in. Description several times to make it as a keyword so that it can be shown in the main searches

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I have already used Hindi Word in Main Title, subtitle and so many times in Description.

and have been waiting for one year for search results but not showing in the result until I filter Hindi in language.

And in the same search word, If I use my language English on my Course landing page, the search result shows the first result.

So it is an error.

V.T.Sutariya
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.