Withholding Tax for Non-US instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Tax for Non-US instructors

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I am a Udemy instructor from Singapore. I just received a mail from Udemy. It contains the 1042-S form detailing the amount of gross income and withholding tax based on my earnings from Udemy. May I kindly seek advice on the following questions:

Is there any action required on my side to the U.S IRS? For example, do I need to make any payment to IRS personally? Or submit any document to IRS? Or that the withholding tax deducted by Udemy for all my enrolments is considered my tax payable to IRS and Udemy will pay that tax on my behalf and there is no need for me to take any further action? Other than the income I received from Udemy, I do not have any other income generated in the United States.

For my country local tax authority, I will handle it on my side when it comes to tax reporting.

Please kindly advise.

Thank you everyone! :) 

Regards

Daniel

0 REPLIES
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.