500 $ K is inspiring me, of How to achieve it

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 $ K is inspiring me, of How to achieve it

Go to solution

It is inspiring me the story of how the process to achieve the money. It needs a struggleness n positive way of doing thing. Is it right that the Audience or students will be my partners of mine? So Udemy is one of ways to get n find the money? Besides, Udemy is our home businesd. Apologize me, I am not right, Maybe, there are many experiences similar to this occuring or happening, please, my new Friends of mine, I am as a new comer of Instructor, it will be my pleasure, If I am going to be able to find any new stories from you, thanks so much my honor Instructors here at this community 

Yours sincerely

Nurhadi yuwono

Indonesia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Dear sirs

My honour Publisher of Udemy team, in this community ,thanks so much for the clear explanation about Of How to reach n earn money at Udemy. I am going to be happy knowing about refet to students & Udemy as well. The explanation makes me clear n How it is a must to be me as a candidate of instructor, for I still plan n make ready about the course, either the quality of video n the contents themselves. Thanks so. Much Udemy, however my conversations here makes me love n love more towards what I can do n Udemy as well, of Course. I have to do the best course as try n do, so it will find the expectation of mine, as I do the dream, might  be anyone else. Thanks a lot for the clearer explanation. I feel I have been given more  explanation than I expect before

Nurhadi yuwono

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think you're asking in part about who owns your course and the student data. You own the course you produce, and are free to host it on other platforms as well (there is an exception if you are picked up by the Udemy for Business catalog, in which case they will require exclusivity to Udemy. They still don't "own" your content, but from a practical standpoint they do in that case.) Udemy however owns the students; you will be expected to answer the questions they may have in your course, but you can't leave Udemy and take Udemy's students with you. You're not given any of their personal or contact information.

As for the bigger question of how to make $500K on Udemy... well, I don't have a recipe for you, as it involves a good deal of luck and being in the right place at the right time. If you look at instructors who have reached that level, you'll find most got started on Udemy many years ago, when there were far fewer instructors on the platform to compete with. So, it was easier to find in-demand topics that had no or very few existing courses you had to overcome in the marketplace. I don't know your particular expertise, but if it's something like technology where there are new emerging topics all the time, then it's still possible to move quickly and be the first to market with a comprehensive and well-produced course. Doing that repeatedly would be the key. If there is a specific topic you're considering teaching, I'd advise you to use the Marketplace Insights tool in your Udemy instructor view to deeply research the level of student interest in that topic, the existing courses you are competing against, and how much those courses are earning today.

Remember Udemy is under no obligation to make money for you. They are merely a marketplace. It's up to you to make quality courses in topics that are both in-demand and underserved. The reality is that most instructors make very little on Udemy, a fair amount earn some nice extra cash, and a few are able to live off it comfortably full time. You could probably count the number of instructors earning $500K in one year on your fingers.

I also want to set expectations that you will on average only earn $1-$3 per course enrollment on Udemy. That's something that took me by surprise after publishing my first course. So to earn $500K, you need to create courses that hundreds of thousands of people will purchase. The sorts of topics that attract that kind of volume are already saturated with existing courses, but if you made enough courses on emerging topics that tens of thousands of people might buy, it can still add up over time. It just takes a lot of work, talent, and very careful topic selection - and you have to be lucky enough to have the expertise to teach those topics yourself.

Go to solution

Dear sirs

My honour Publisher of Udemy team, in this community ,thanks so much for the clear explanation about Of How to reach n earn money at Udemy. I am going to be happy knowing about refet to students & Udemy as well. The explanation makes me clear n How it is a must to be me as a candidate of instructor, for I still plan n make ready about the course, either the quality of video n the contents themselves. Thanks so. Much Udemy, however my conversations here makes me love n love more towards what I can do n Udemy as well, of Course. I have to do the best course as try n do, so it will find the expectation of mine, as I do the dream, might  be anyone else. Thanks a lot for the clearer explanation. I feel I have been given more  explanation than I expect before

Nurhadi yuwono

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors