About Teachings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Teachings

What to hear all of you 😉 What is the best way to teach or be teached ? I has always myself learned that the best way to learn is to do it your own way. I always say the stuff i will have to teach and remember, Say it to myself or read it 3-5 Times or just to say it in your head to youself. 

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @The "Teacher,

Interesting question. I would say, from what I have observed in our Instructor Community, there are multiple effective teaching styles that you can adopt to enhance the active learning of your students. Every instructor has a different way of teaching and many take into consideration their topic area, course curriculum, their student feedback, and interact with students to understand their learning styles to help them grasp their lessons more easily. 

We always ask our Community Champions ''What is your teaching style?'', and I think you might be interested in taking a look at what some of them have responded below: 

''Adding Real-Life Stories to Your Content: Topics in my niche are generally dry. So, I prefer to add several real-life stories based on my experience. I also dive deep into how and why particular tools and techniques came to life. Humans love stories, we have heard stories since we were kids. And when you add exciting stories, we all understand the concepts way better.  

Slides and Voiceover (at the beginning): When I started on Udemy, my teaching style involved using slides and voiceover. Those courses did very well. For the first 3 years, I had only invested in a Blue Snowball Microphone and Camtasia Subscription.  Talking Head Videos with Stock Photos, Videos, and Slides (Now): As my income grew in the online teaching space, I invested that money in building my personal studio laced with all the necessary equipment (such as flood lights, ring lights, dslr camera, sound absorbing curtains, teleprompter, high end desktop, bigger screens, switching from Camtasia to Premiere Pro etc). This helped in enhancing my course quality multiple times. My teaching style has enhanced to talking head videos that include stock photos, stock videos, and slides.'' Community Champion Spotlight: Rahul Iyer

''Engaged and eclectic - I am here for my students. It is a very practical style interspersed with the nuts and bolts of knowledge to deepen the learning.'' Community Champion Spotlight: Sharon Ramel

''No-nonsense and concise. I try to explain technical topics in plain English, avoiding jargon and notation as much as possible. My goal is to demystify this stuff, because at its core it's not really that complicated.'' Community Champion Spotlight: Frank Kane

''Straight to the point, no fluff.  I typically cover the theory behind a marketing strategy and then show students how to actually implement it themselves in real-time.  Theory x Practical = The ultimate learning experience.'' Community Champion Spotlight: Joshua George

I hope this helps! 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors