Am I the only one counting his blessings?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Am I the only one counting his blessings?

Go to solution

Unless you are living in a cave you have certainly watched the news reports of massive disruptions to the economy of every country - shutting down every hotel, restaurant, airline, manufacturing, etc. A lot of people are really suffering even without contracting Covid-19. Millions of people are wondering whether or not they will have the money to pay their rent or buy groceries. 

And here I sit watching my Udemy course sales as if nothing at all is happening in the outside world. This month's sales have already exceeded March a year ago with no help from me. I am certain that my Udemy income will come in this month as it does every month. No fear, no anxiety. It almost is not fair. 

It is like this is some Divine undeserved blessing. Every one of us instructors who are making a living working online and on Udemy are truly blessed and this is a good time to recognize our good fortune. As someone in the most vulnerable category (old and with a history of respiratory problems) I am keeping my social distance. I hope you are safe as well.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I completely agree, I know I am extremely fortunate to be in this position. 

I am working 100% from home, I have a remote team that helps me. 

This is also something I did on purpose, not minded for COVID-19, but the independance from going out, from seeing people, from having to go into an office. 

We are very fortunate and we need to recognize it.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Please enjoy this quiet time. At some point some people sittting at home after a month, will do almost anything to feel useful again. 

Expect a big surge of anxious new students, who realize that government money isnt going to last. And it isn't near enough to compensate for what people designed their lives to be about and have losy it all.

Yes, you're right! They're going to come in droves,  searching for a new digital career to fulfill their dreams, their time, and to feel useful and part of a community again. So they will once again, feel less alone, more useful again, more connected to those who help them:)

Get ready! These are exciting times!

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Go to solution

My sales have been blowing up this month. People want to better themselves right now. I've been ill, but my course is bringing in money with no work needed. Udemy is great because I don't have to worry about paying for ads myself when money is tighter. 

Go to solution

Thank you for bringing this up Lawrence. I'm able to maintain my income too. I don't get much through Udemy, but I have multiple income streams, all online. Some clients have been very keen to work with me even in this strange period. And some things are going quite well for me professionally. 

I have had so many ups and downs in my life as an online business owner. Moments where I wanted to quit. Moments where I took a step back. Moments where things started working. And then stopped. And then started again. 

So, I'm glad things are going quite well, in spite of everything. At the same time, I do feel bad about that. It can be hard to process all these feelings. But I'm glad that I can be useful - people are clearly searching for things to learn online during this time, if my March enrolments are anything to go by. So it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help, even though I'm stuck at home! 

Go to solution

I know the economy of the world is in serious mess right now and it gonna take a serious government to balance the economy with that of the citizens . like me I'm not seriously affected because I do most of my work at home .

For me the state doesn't need to depend the government for its economy to be stable during this period 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors