Announcement and update regarding Udemy LIVE 2020

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement and update regarding Udemy LIVE 2020

Go to solution

A number of you have reached out to us to get details about Udemy LIVE in 2020. While we began thinking about Udemy LIVE before the COVID-19 crisis, due to the current situation, we have decided to reschedule or re envision all of our in-person events for recruiting, Udemy for Business, and instructors. This means that at least for this year, we will not host a central instructor conference like Udemy LIVE.

Since we launched Udemy LIVE in 2016, our instructor community has grown by leaps and bounds around the world. Given the growth in this diverse global community, we're thinking seriously about whether a single event in a single location is the best way to bring instructors together moving forward.

For now, we'll keep working to leverage tools like the instructor community to connect with all of you and build deeper connections between instructors. We will also continue to invest in the instructor experience, our educational resources, and our other forms of communication to keep you informed. 

We’ll miss the chance to raise a glass in person this year, but we hope to see and hear from more of you than ever before in 2020.

Teach on,

The Udemy Team

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Definalty the right decision considering the wolrd we live in at the moment, but I would like to echo the call of possibly a online live event would be amazing and accessable to all x thanks for your time and amazing support x

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Wise decision I think. Any thoughts on a "live" event online. Other platforms do it and seem to be successful. Maybe just for this year? 

More localized events would be great too. Traveling long distances to foreign countries is not always possible and you might gather more instructors by being more local. 

Thanks for the update. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

That's a great idea, I was also thinking about an "online live" event. Let's see if Udemy's finds the idea interesting 🙂

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

The only decision to make this year @Abbie . Most countries haven't gone through the second wave yet.

Rock on! Shall miss playing with you all this year .

Sharon x

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

I like the idea of an online version of Udemy Live! 

Go to solution

I believe that this was the correct decision. Protecting the health of all involved is crutial, and travel is currently very difficult.

...also I haven't been able to get a hair cut in the last 70+ days thanks to lockdown, so I shudder at the thought of being seen in any type of professional capacity at the moment. 

Go to solution

Definalty the right decision considering the wolrd we live in at the moment, but I would like to echo the call of possibly a online live event would be amazing and accessable to all x thanks for your time and amazing support x

Go to solution

Agreed! Many scientific conferences that I attend or hear about are now online. If a bunch of nerdoscientists can figure this out, surely Udemy can do it better!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors